To activate SMS notification:
- Go to the ‘Profile Settings’ section of your User Account.
- Click on ‘SMS notifications’.
- Enter your mobile phone number and check the ‘Receive SMS’ box next to the listings you want to receive SMS notifications for.
- Click the ‘Save’ button.
You can specify an individual code for each of your listings. This code will be sent with the SMS and makes it easier for you to identify the listing which has received a booking request. The code can consist of a maximum of 8 characters (alphanumeric). To set an individual code for your listings:
- Go to the ‘Profile Settings’ section of your User Account and click on ‘SMS notifications’.
- Next to each listing you will see a ‘Your code’ box with a code already entered.
- Enter your own individual code on the box and click the ‘Save’ button.
By activating the SMS feature, you will receive a notification via SMS whenever you get a booking request for one of your listings. Reply with the number ‘11’ to accept a booking request, or reply with the number ‘99’ to decline a booking request. Always reply from the phone number to which the notification was sent otherwise our system cannot process your response correctly.
It is completely free to receive SMS notifications from Wimdu. Replying to the SMS will cost the same as a standard network rate message. You are likely to receive notifications from different numbers. This is dependent on our network provider. Please note that replying to a number from abroad may incur higher costs.